I have been the backend Chapter Lead of the Vodafone's Digital eXperience Layer, a Kubernetes-based middleware.
During my employment, I set up a team of 30 developers, and introduced radically new technologies and restructured the DXL in a way that would prove to be 60% more efficient in terms of resources and raw performance of Microservices. Using the DXL middleware, user operations from the mobile and web app that originally took 10+ seconds now only require a few milliseconds.
For this I had to lead the rewrite of the entire infrastructure with which the team developed Microservices, and set up new company processes and a new software architecture.
- June 25 2020: I was featured as a presenter in Unisystem's June event regarding Red Hat's Quarkus
- June 10, 2020: I had a fireside chat with Red Hat's engineering Manager about how we Migrated from Spring to Quarkus at Vodafone Greece
- June 2, 2020: I gave an interview about the work done in DXL in InformationWeek.
- April 28-29 2020: I was invited to the Red Hat Summit 2020 as a speaker about our migration journey from Spring to Quarkus.
- November 13 2019: I gave an interview about Vodafone Greece's Quarkus adoption for the Quarkus Blog.