I have been the backend Chapter Lead of Vodafone Greece's Digital eXperience Layer, a Kubernetes-based middleware.
During my employment, I set up a team of 30+ developers, introduced radically new technologies, and restructured the DXL in a way that would prove to be 60% more efficient in terms of resources and raw performance of Microservices. Using the DXL middleware, user operations from the mobile and web app that originally took 10+ seconds now only require a few milliseconds.
For this, I had to lead the rewrite of the entire infrastructure with which the team developed Microservices, and set up new company processes and new software architecture. I designed systems widely adopted by Vodafone Operators outside of Greece, as well.
- April 2021: I was featured in The New Stack, in an article about how I led the team to transform their entire stack: How Vodafone Greece Built 80 Java Microservices in Quarkus
- January 2021: I was invited along with a colleague of mine to talk about how we use Quarkus at Vodafone at Quarkus Insights Episode 33
- June 25 2020: I was featured as a presenter in Unisystem's June event regarding Red Hat's Quarkus
- June 10, 2020: I had a fireside chat with Red Hat's engineering Manager about how we Migrated from Spring to Quarkus at Vodafone Greece
- June 2, 2020: I gave an interview about the work done in DXL in InformationWeek.
- April 28-29 2020: I was invited to the Red Hat Summit 2020 as a speaker about our migration journey from Spring to Quarkus.
- November 13 2019: I gave an interview about Vodafone Greece's Quarkus adoption for the Quarkus Blog.